CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Assistant based in our Denver, CO office. Look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience would make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Administrative Assistant will coordinate various administrative efforts, including overseeing office logistics, contract coordination, and some project management support. This role will be performed primarily onsite in the Denver office.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Independently performs or manages a variety of administrative activities under general direction of office leadership.
- Works closely with leaders to oversee office logistics, including office move-in and re-opening at new site in Spring 2023.
- Manages office space as well as conference room bookings; maintains room set-ups (equipment, furniture placement, etc.); ensures lobby and common areas are neat.
- Acts as POC for building security and property management on designated matters.
- Responsible for some contract coordination, including working with our legal team, prequalifying consultants, and maintaining consultant contracting requirements.
- May assist in project management, as needed by various architectural and design teams.
- Collaborates with HR and IT to coordinate new hire orientation.
- Greets visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Screens incoming calls and routes them to appropriate team member.
- Coordinates in-house and off-site meetings and events, including calendar invites, meeting materials, equipment set-up, and ordering and set-up of food and beverages.
- Maintains office supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing orders, and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Prepares outgoing mail; receives, sorts, and distributes incoming mail and packages.
- Creates, maintains, retains and/or stores files in accordance with firm standards.
- Assists in review and approval of employee expense reports & reimbursement requests.
- Reviews, codes and submits vendor invoices for accurate, timely processing
- Maintains office PTO calendar.
- May handle other responsibilities as needed.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor degree preferred.
- Seven (7+) years of experience as an Administrative Support professional required.
- Experience working in a professional services firm or corporate environment required.
- Hybrid schedule available; must be able to work in the office three (3) or more days a week.
- Regular, full-time role; able to work 32 to 40 hours per week.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy.
- Ability to work in highly collaborative and deadline driven environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams and PowerPoint required.
- Experience with Procore, Deltek Vision and/or other accounting software preferred.
As a Federal Contractor, CannonDesign is required to comply with President Biden's Executive Order 14042. Therefore, as a condition of employment, all employees must provide proof of receipt of a full COVID-19 vaccination unless qualified for a valid medical or religious accommodation.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
The salary range for this position to be filled in the Denver, CO office is $27.85 to $34.62 an hour. This salary range is the anticipated range of possible base compensation at the time of the posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the anticipated salary range for the position. Regular, full-time employees may be eligible for discretionary bonuses. We offer a full benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as flexible spending account options and voluntary insurances. We have paid time off, flexible work hours, remote work options, a 401k plan and employee perk programs.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.