CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Administrative Assistant based in our downtown Buffalo, NY office. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will provide comprehensive administrative and operational support for our Buffalo office. Due to the nature of this role, this position will be performed primarily onsite in the Buffalo office.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work with a team of administrative professionals to provide support to our 180+ person office
- Type and format letters, memos, transmittals, minutes, presentation materials, reports and other documents using Word and PowerPoint.
- Prepare and update moderate to complex spreadsheets in Excel
- Assist in completing and reviewing expense reports.
- Assist with initiating check requests and paperwork for donations, sponsorships, etc.
- Compose and edit simple to moderately complex documents.
- Assist with coordination of in-house or off-site meetings and events, including meeting materials, equipment set-up, and ordering and set-up of food and beverages.
- Assist with the coordination of social events sponsored by the firm.
- Provide new hire office orientations as needed.
- Work with the firm’s travel agency to make travel arrangements.
- Provide switchboard relief for receptionist.
- Screen calls and correspondence as directed
- Assist with daily incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries (USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Communicate effectively with clients on administrative matters.
- Assist with café operations and supplies, keeping refreshment area stocked and clean.
- Assist with maintaining and ordering office supplies
- Provide occasional cleaning duties on a limited, as-needed basis
- Cross train in administrative functions and tasks as directed by supervisor
- May handle other responsibilities as needed.
- High School Diploma and a minimum of four years of related experience working as an Administrative Support professional required.
- Associates degree is a plus. Experience working in a professional services firm preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy with work is a must.
- Ability to work in highly collaborative and deadline driven environment.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams and PowerPoint required.
- Positive, can-do attitude and willingness to dive into projects and tasks.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
The salary range for this position to be filled in the Buffalo, NY office is $38,300 to $48,000 annually. This salary range is the range we believe is the anticipated range of possible base compensation at the timing of the posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the anticipated salary range for the position. Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonuses. We offer a full benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage and flexible spending account options and voluntary insurances. We have paid time off, flex-time summer hours, remote work options and a 401k plan and employee perk programs. For a general overview of our benefits, please visit our careers page at www.cannondesign.com/careers/. Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.