CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architect based in our Mumbai office.
Look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience, make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
This position will be a member of our multi-disciplinary team and will collaborate with design and technical leadership and be an integral part of project teams.
- Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team providing architectural support to the project team in design, documentation, and coordination of projects. Project responsibilities would include assistance with selection & detailing of architectural materials and systems, code analysis, programming, product research & building specifications development.
- Assist the project team in all the phases of a project, from project pursuit, pre-design, schematic design, construction documentation through construction administration.
- Assist the project team with construction administration activities including review of shop drawings, submittals, responding to RFIs and so on, as per the direction of the Project Leadership and Construction Administrator.
- Independently, prepare floor plans, building sections, elevations, details, wall sections, schedules and other design documents required for each architectural phase of a project.
- Participate in preparation of graphics, rendered images, presentations and write up for project pursuits/proposals as well as design stages.
- Communicate and coordinate with the client teams, representatives & stakeholders, as directed by the Project and Office Leadership.
- Communicate with other disciplines to ensure coordination of project documents.
- Attend project team meetings & coordinate with project team members, following the communication protocol set up for the Project.
- Be proactive about essential skillset development & upgrade, learning relevant soft wares and participating in essential office or firmwide training programs to ensure the continuum of education.
- Adhere to project timelines and assure that technical quality of project delivery is achieved as per firmwide and project QA/QC processes.
- Support the Office Leadership in business development activities as required.
- May handle other responsibilities as needed.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor or Master of Architecture.
- Minimum 4 years of experience working on mid to large scale projects is required.
- Strong creative design portfolio and strong communication, teamwork, presentation, graphics, organizational skills as well as the ability to handle multiple projects required.
- Proficiency in Revit a must.
- Proficiency in SketchUp, Adobe software, Microsoft Office.
We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by central, state, or local law.