ABOUT OUR FIRM
ABOUT THE ROLE
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, provide architectural support to the Project Leader, Project Architect or Project Designer in the design, selection, coordination, and detailing of architectural materials and systems.
- Produce architectural documentation under the guidance of the Project Leader, Project Architect or Project Designer.
- Participate in preparation of graphics materials and images for client presentations.
- Participate in research initiatives as directed by the Project Leader, Project Architect or Project Designer.
- Assist project leadership in all activities through all stages of project.
- Review shop drawing submittals under supervisory guidance.
- Respond to client’s questions and comments with supervisory guidance.
- Work in the REVIT model to produce plans, elevations, and sections under supervisory guidance.
- Communicate with other disciplines to ensure coordinated project documents.
- Attend project team meetings and participate in project presentations.
- Build physical building models.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Architecture required. Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of related work experience required.
- Previous experience on mid-to-large scale science & technology and/or education projects preferred.
- Proficiency with Revit is required.
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, Bluebeam Studio and other graphics/design applications a plus.
- A strong creative design portfolio is essential, as are strong communication, teamwork, presentation, graphics, organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by central, state, or local law.