ABOUT OUR FIRM
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, provide architectural support to the Project Architect or Project Designer in the design, selection, coordination, and detailing of architectural materials and systems.
- Build physical building models.
- Produce architectural documentation under the guidance of the Project Architect, Project Manager or Project Designer.
- Participate in preparation of graphics materials and images for client presentations.
- Participate in research initiatives as directed by the Project Architect or Project Manager.
- Assist project leadership in all activities during conceptual design through construction documents.
- Participate in the architectural design process in a support role.
- Review shop drawing submittals under the direction of the Project Architect.
- Respond to client’s questions and comments with supervisory guidance.
- Work in the REVIT model to produce plans, elevations and sections under the guidance of the Project Architect or Project Designer.
- Communicate with other disciplines to ensure coordination of project documents.
- Attend project team meetings and participate in project presentations.
- Demonstrates independent judgment in handling responsibilities at this level.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree in Architecture OR non-professional Bachelor degree within a school offering a NAAB accredited program required. B.Arch or M.Arch from an accredited program preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of related professional experience.
- Actively pursing Architectural Registration in the United States preferred.
- Strong creative design portfolio is essential as are strong communication, teamwork, presentation, graphics, organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Proficiency in Revit, SketchUp, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
The salary range for this position to be filled in the New York City office is $61,350 to $76,698 annually. This salary range is the range we believe is the anticipated range of possible base compensation at the timing of the posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the anticipated salary range for the position. Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonuses. We offer a full benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage and flexible spending account options and voluntary insurances. We have paid time off, flex-time summer hours, remote work options and a 401k plan and employee perk programs. For a general overview of our benefits, please visit our careers page at www.cannondesign.com/careers/. Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.