CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Architectural Technical Designer III based in our Denver, CO office. Look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience, make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This intermediate-level position will be a member of our multi-disciplinary team and will collaborate with design and technical leadership and be an integral part of project teams. Under the direct supervision of a Licensed Architect and project leadership the primary responsibilities will include the following:
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Independently contribute design, production, coordination, and architectural detailing as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Assist in coordination of engineering systems with engineers and consultants.
- Maintain communications with the Owner and Consultants on project status, design intent, concerns and questions.
- Prepare design sketches of moderate to complex site plans.
- Communicate with other disciplines to ensure coordination of project documents.
- Evaluate design for code compliance and assist in plan check review and approvals.
- May independently process “Requests for Information.”
- Perform field site inspections. Field site visits frequently require a physical walk-through of site.
- Coordinate with all other team members on project assignments.
- May supervise, monitor, train and direct work of interns and less experienced team members.
- May take a leadership role within the project team.
- May take a leadership role in team meetings.
- May participate in marketing proposals.
- May perform other duties as required.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree in Architecture OR non-professional Bachelor degree within a school offering a NAAB accredited program required. B.Arch or M.Arch from an accredited program preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of related professional experience.
- Current Architectural Registration in the United States preferred.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
- Strong creative design portfolio is essential as are strong communication, teamwork, presentation, graphics, organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Proficiency with Revit, Enscape, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite required.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
The salary range for this position to be filled in our Denver, CO office is $72,000 to $82,000 annually. This salary range is the anticipated range of possible base compensation at the time of the posting. Regular, full-time employees may be eligible for discretionary bonuses. We offer a full benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as flexible spending account options and voluntary insurances. We have paid time off (PTO), flexible work hours, hybrid work options, a 401k plan, and employee perk programs.
For a general overview of our benefits, please visit our careers page at www.cannondesign.com/careers/
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.