Are you a go-getter? Do you enjoy solving complex problems? Do you want to make an impact?
Blue Cottage of CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Specialist, bringing together perioperative expertise and consulting acumen. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
Blue Cottage of CannonDesign is an industry-leading consulting firm. Our team works with organizational leaders to define their ideal future and plan processes, organizational strategies, equipment and facilities to create an ideal future, and our projects are anchored by any of the following services: strategic transformation, design thinking, space and functional programming, operational planning, change management, and transition and activation planning.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Clinical Specialist, your mission is three-fold: to wow our clients through fantastic work, build awesome teams and work culture, and continue to differentiate our service offering in the marketplace. You demonstrate an insatiable desire to improve healthcare design through strategic input, project management, and operational or facility planning. You manifest this aspiration through project leadership in all subject matter aspects of planning, preparation, coordination, and execution of a project that deliver measurable value to the client and result in client satisfaction with the work product and adoration of the firm overall.
- Drive and lead clinical and perioperative consulting services, driving the programming, planning and design of healthcare facilities
- Develop meaningful, long-term relationships with clients and internal partners through excellence, integrity, and reliability
- Provide direction and leadership on new business development, pursuits and proposal development
- Provide industry-leading subject matter expertise and guidance to clients and design teams re. the periop patient, family, staff, supplies and information flow
- Lead and facilitate visioning sessions, user groups, client work sessions and research activities to diagnose root challenges and distill data into meaningful insights
- Communicate healthcare expertise and planning concepts to clients and project teams, both verbally and through graphic and written reports
- Demonstrate familiarity with financial and operational modeling, capital planning models, healthcare staffing and workforce and workplace models
- Produce project documentation, research briefs, meeting materials, analysis, graphics, best practice presentations, benchmark info and interim and final deliverables
- Create and manage work plans including project staffing, project approach, fee optimization, and resource requests to be reviewed with managers
- Lead components of a work plan, sometimes independently, to meet expectations and schedules of complex healthcare clients
- Manage consulting teams, reviewing project performance, tracking project budget, and creation of deliverables
- Promote thought leadership, identify, contribute to, and assess new tools and processes to improve service delivery
- Play a meaningful role in firm leadership by enabling professional development, mentoring, team leadership, and recruiting
- Achieve sales and utilization targets commensurate with your title and level within the firm
- Extensive travel is required
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 15 years of healthcare experience is required. Experience with management consulting strongly preferred
- Experience with surgical environments strongly preferred
- Experience with organizing and conducting clinical end-user meetings is necessary
- Must be able to work in a team environment and possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in PowerPoint, create detailed workflows in Visio, and quantitative strengths in the creation of detailed analytical models using Excel and various tool is a must
- Experience and wizardry in visualization of data using Tableau, PowerBi, or similar tools preferred
- Production of thought leadership papers, presentations, blogs, case studies, and presence at national conferences/meetings are a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are a start-up culture in an established firm: nimble, energetic, innovative and fun.
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you