Blue Cottage is seeking an experienced and creative design professional with robust skills in data analytics, dashboard development, GIS skills, data storytelling, and multi-market consulting for clients including universities, health systems, municipalities and state-level agencies. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Data Visualization Consulting Leader, you thrive on challenges and excel when collaborating with dynamic, intelligent colleagues who love innovative problem-solving. You are a versatile professional dedicated to creating impactful data visualizations across diverse platforms, and have a process and systems-mindset, with confidence and experience creating robust and compelling products.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop and design data visualizations that distill insights, prioritizing clarity and confident decision-making, and tell a data story with a point of view when appropriate for a wide variety of clients
- Leverage architectural, design, and planning expertise to shape data visualization strategies that resonate with clients and support the goals of their project or engagement
- Collaborate seamlessly within multidisciplinary teams to co-create amazing graphics, narratives, deliverables and/or data-dependent products
- Contribute to the creation of impactful tools and resources for both internal and external stakeholders, and “wow” clients with your ability to listen to them and reflect their goals in the data visualization and stories you produce
- Harness teaching and mentoring skills to foster knowledge exchange, support the professional growth of team members, and elevate data literacy throughout the firm
- Play a pivotal role in devising strategies to amplify the adoption of digital tools and processes, both internally and externally
- Engage deeply in cross-team collaboration with members of the technology teams, in addition to market leadership, firm strategy, and pursuit teams in consulting and in the AEI practices
- Manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously and prioritize to meet deadlines and align with firmwide priorities
- Provide direction and leadership on pursuits and proposal development, including the scoping of the potential opportunities, team design, approach development, and overarching proposal execution and oversight
- Create materials that support business development and key pursuits
- Participate as a key member of pursuit teams driving $2-3M in integrated or prime work
- Production of thought leadership papers, presentations, blogs, case studies, and presence at national conferences/meetings are a must
- Significant travel is required, as necessitated by clients and your role
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree with 15+ years of related experience required. Masters degree in architecture, urban design, or data analytics/visualization preferred
- Architectural licensure and extensive experience presenting data-related work in written and spoken formats is also preferred
- Executive presence and demonstrated business acumen is a must
- Consulting expertise relevant to one or more of our target markets of Health, Commercial, Education, Federal, Sustainability, Science & Technology, and Civic
- Project management experience on medium to large scale consulting assignments
- Business development experience and proven ability to leverage a wide professional network of individuals that will help communicate our value and grow our brand and revenue
- Expertise in data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Exceptional analytical skills, and the ability to collect, organize and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Exceptional versatility and create with data visualization tools (PowerBI, Tableau)
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are a start-up culture in an established firm: nimble, energetic, innovative and fun.
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.