Medical Equipment Planner
Houston, Texas, United States
Are you a go-getter? Do you enjoy solving complex problems? Do you want to make an impact? Blue Cottage of CannonDesign is conducting a search for a Medical Equipment Planner based out of Houston, TX. We are looking for stellar performers who want to be champions, partners, and leaders within Blue Cottage of CannonDesign’s team.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
Blue Cottage of CannonDesign is an industry-leading consulting firm. Our team works with organizational leaders to define their ideal future and plan processes, organizational strategies, equipment and facilities to create an ideal future, and our projects are anchored by any of the following services: strategic transformation, design thinking, space and functional programming, operational planning, equipment planning, change management, and transition and activation planning.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Medical Equipment Planners are a central source of information for the project design team, construction team and client and procurement team – they are the heroes behind the scenes. We are looking for individuals who love creative problem-solving and gain insight into functional operational challenges using critical thinking skills coupled with compassionate listening. We need someone who understands both the content and the context of medical equipment within specific clinical environments. We want people who can multi-task, forge relationships, engage comfortably in team settings and interface effectively across all levels of staff and management, and across multi-disciplinary service lines. Do you look at a problem and immediately think about how to provide solutions? Do you have a natural inclination for process improvement? Do you take pride in providing solutions that no-one else has considered? If so, this is the perfect job for you!
The Medical Equipment Planner role successfully plans and manages the equipment scope; developing and delivering the medical equipment documents, throughout the planning process for healthcare and science & education projects. This position ensures all planning activities are performed with complete data accuracy, in a manner consistent with documented processes while adhering to planning schedules and budgets and ensuring data accuracy with equipment lists. The ideal candidate will be able to facilitate the planning process to ensure a successful new construction or renovation project that meets the client's expectations, while developing and managing stellar client and team relationships.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Deliver on Equipment Planning projects, maintaining appropriate level of communication, and cultivating lasting, professional project team and client relationships
- Gain full understanding of contracted project scope, objectives, deliverables, and deadlines and ensure all planning and coordination activities are performed in a manner consistent with documented user requests and leadership direction
- Conduct internal project team project kick-off and coordination meetings for all managed projects
- Develop and monitor the equipment schedule and budget, manage quality control process to ensure EQ documentation is accurate and complete, and provide internal team guidance to facilitate the project goals are met
- Successfully interact with a full range of healthcare professionals and multi-disciplinary project stakeholders to manage expectations, and assist the clinical staff with decisions, evaluations, and demonstrations of medical equipment technology.
- Identify, contribute to, and develop improved approaches and tools for service line innovation
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have an Associates Degree in Architectural Drafting, Architectural Design Technology, or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Construction Science, Environmental Design or equivalent is preferred
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in equipment planning in the healthcare environment as well as knowledge of healthcare-related medical equipment technology required
- Basic knowledge of hospital/clinic department functions is required, including knowledge of clinical workflow and equipment placement in relation to architectural spaces
- Experience in the science & education environment is a plus
- Must have the ability to lead and facilitate equipment-focused meetings with project-level personnel
- Strong organization skills and proficiency at prioritizing work, delegating tasks, managing numerous project demands, and meeting stringent deadlines, simultaneously is a must
- Must have the ability to read, understand and redline architectural programs and drawings of all levels, from programming/schematic design to as-builts, and technical site-specific drawings
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365, Adobe Acrobat/Bluebeam is preferred
- Proficient knowledge of CAD/Revit is required. Working knowledge of Attania or comparable planning software system is preferred
- Must be comfortable with regular/extensive travel for client work and internal meetings
- As a Federal Contractor, CannonDesign is required to comply with President Biden's Executive Order 14042. Therefore, as a condition of employment, all employees must provide proof of receipt of a full COVID-19 vaccination unless qualified for a valid medical or religious accommodation.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are a start-up culture in an established firm: nimble, energetic, innovative and fun
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you