CannonDesign and Next City are set to host the inaugural Buffalo Urban Futures Forum (BUFF) on July 20 at the Albright-Knox Art Gallery Auditorium from 3-6:30 PM. The event will bring together international experts and local leaders key to Buffalo’s resurgence to discuss ideas, strategies and plans for how the city can capitalize on its recent success for an even brighter future.
The Buffalo Urban Futures Forum is presented by CannonDesign and Next City, an international publication and organization focused on inspiring better cities. The event will feature the following speakers, presentations and panelists:
- Welcoming remarks from Michael Tunkey, Principal at CannonDesign
- Keynote presentation from Tom Dallessio, President, CEO & Publisher of Next City
- Panel discussion and Q&A, featuring:
- Frank Cravotta, Executive VP of Creative Services for Pegula Sports & Entertainment Group
- Tom Dee, President at Erie Canal Harbor Development Corporation
- Rahwa Ghirmatzion, Director of Programs for PUSH Buffalo
- Bill Maggio, Partner at Lorraine Capital and Chairman of 43North
- Kelly Hayes-McAlonie, Director of Capital Planning at SUNY Buffalo
- Eileen Morgan, Chief Human Resources Officer for Delaware North Companies
- Moderated by Meg Osman, Executive Director of Corporate/Commercial at CannonDesign
Due to space limitations, this event is currently invitation-only. Based on initial demand, a small number of public tickets may be made available closer to the event. To accommodate community interest, the event will be streamed via Facebook Live for anyone to view.