Our Deb Sheehan will co-present with Jamie Oldfather and Michael Patterson of Mississippi Valley Surgery Center on Managing an Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) Renovation and Expansion Project at this year’s Ambulatory Surgery Center Association (ASCA) 2019 conference May 17 in Nashville. The annual ASCA conference unites physicians, administrators, nurses, managers, owners and others shaping the future of ASCs to share new ideas and best practices.
Those interested can learn more about the full conference online. Here’s the full abstract for Deb’s presentation:
Managing an ASC Renovation and Expansion Project
Friday, May 17, 2-3:30 p.m.
Tap into the expertise of this team of ASC leaders that spearheaded the design, development and execution of an ASC renovation and expansion. Hear firsthand about their experiences managing this project—which included a 16,000 sf addition and a 13,000 sf renovation—all while treating more than 5,000 patients annually. Their discussion will examine:
- emerging trends in facility design
- real-world advice on how to function during a major renovation
- the fundamental shift of patient care from inpatient to outpatient
- how facility design impacts an ASC’s ability to care for patients now and in the future
- facility planning as a part of your larger strategic plan goals
- a general overview of global design and development trends