The panel, which includes speakers from County of San Diego, Public Health Services, MCIC Vermont and El Centro Regional Medical Center, will be moderated by Blue Cottage of CannonDesign’s Debbie Jacobs. The conversation will touch on the following topics:
• The linkage of disparities to quality and safety
• Racial, ethnic, socioeconomic and other disparities in healthcare delivery
• The importance of preventing readmissions, avoiding medical errors and improving patient satisfaction
• Ways to collect patient data to monitor disparities
• The coordination of healthcare delivery with other community resources including: public health services, transportation, language interpretation, social services, housing assistance, nutritional support, and legal services
The San Diego Organization of Healthcare Leaders, a chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives, is seeking to address the healthcare divide in vulnerable populations such as those without insurance, racial and ethnic minorities, low-income persons and many more. This panel aims to share how healthcare organizations can make sure their staff is educated about these disparities and how to provide equitable care for all patients. It will focus on patient-centered, personalized care, which also improves outcomes and reduces costs.