Joining us for the panel discussion were key leaders from Los Angeles County, County of Orange, San Diego County and the LAEDC. A full video recording is available below.z
Below is a full abstract and speaker list:
The pandemic has altered the economic landscape for counties and municipalities across the country. Reduced economic output has tightened capital and M+O budgets and shifted priorities for civic leaders. Still, inaction isn’t an option and these leaders are developing creative solutions, new ideas and possibilities for how they’ll advance important civic projects in the immediate and long-term.
This discussion will be hosted by CannonDesign in partnership with the Los Angeles Economic Development Corporation (LAEDC) and unite key leaders from LA, Orange and San Diego County to talk about their current challenges, ideas for the future and new strategies for success.
- Marko Medved, P.E. CEM, Director of San Diego County
- Mark Pestrella, P.E., Director or Public Works, Los Angeles County
- Nardy Khan, Deputy Director, Infrastructure Programs, County of Orange Public Works
- Stephen Cheung, Chief Operating Officer, Los Angeles Economic Development Corporation
- Moderated by Praful M. Kulkarni, AIA, DBIA, PhD, Director of Integrated Services at CannonDesign