CannonDesign has maintained its position at #2 for Interior Design’s Healthcare Giants survey – a respected industry report that ranks the largest 40 design firms in healthcare based on fees and work over the previous year.
In years past, Interior Design has also released a list of the most peer-respected healthcare design firms. The publication has yet to release the 2015 results for that piece of the survey, but CannonDesign also hopes to maintain its place in the top three of that category.
Along with the list of the top 40 firms, Interior Design also provided the below data and trends insight. All facts and figures are representative of all survey responders – not just CannonDesign)
Overall Healthcare Interior Design Fees
- More than half of the fees stem from acute-care facilities
- 18% comes from outpatient facilities
- Assisted living facilities and medical/dental offices are only small pieces, but each segment saw robust growth in 2015
- The top 40 Healthcare Giants completed 132 million SF in 2015 and predict working on another 167 million in 2016
- This sf came from 5,200 total jobs in 2015 and firms expect to work on 5,300 more in 2016
- Most survey respondents feel outpatient facilities will see the most growth over the next two years while the second key growth segment identified was hospitals
- Mental Health facilities and health/wellness facilities were also high on the list for growth