“We’re proud to be consistently contributing leading design work in health, education, sports and recreation, science and other key markets across the New England region,” explained Lynne Deninger, CannonDesign’s Boston Practice Leader. “This has been one of our strongest years to date and we’ve made several strategic moves to continue to advance Boston and the region through the power of design.”
Recent achievements and key moments for our Boston office include:
- Local Design Excellence: Our team has led key projects for the region including Brigham Health medical office buildings, Nantucket Cottage Hospital, MilliporeSigma Life Sciences Center, Boston College Connell Recreation Center, new medical office buildings with Hallmark Health, the Novartis’ Cambridge Biomedical Research Facility.
- Global Leadership: In 2019, CannonDesign was named one of 10 World Changing Companies by Fast Company and one of the most innovative architecture firms in the world for the second time in three years.
- Growth and New Services: CannonDesign has executed five mergers in the past 18 months to strengthen our teams nationally. As a result, we now bring expertise in pediatric design, healthcare consulting, modular design and construction and other high-value service lines.
- National Media: Our team is driving projects nationwide including a sports building at University of Maryland that Forbes says “represents something new in how sports and education intertwine,” an entrepreneurial education building that EdSurge says is “a new template for others to design educational spaces that drive deep learning,” and renovating Virginia Tech’s War Memorial Hall to – as Campus Rec Magazine puts it – “raise the bar for what’s possible in student wellness.”
- Bolstered Staff: Several key hires in the past year have strengthened our Boston team including the addition of Juann Khoory as our office design leader, Toni Loicano to lead our S&T practice and Andrea Baker as our new business development leader.
- Design Recognition: Our work with the North Carolina A&T Student Center recently earned the 2019 Honor Award for Design from the North Carolina American Institute of Architects. This builds on the 36 total awards for design excellence and innovation secured by CannonDesign in 2018.
These developments are helping CannonDesign grow stronger in Boston and nourish the city and the lives of those who call it home via design.