We are proud to announce CannonDesign is named the Outstanding Organization in Healthcare Design’s 2019 HCD 10. The annual awards program honors professionals and firms across 10 categories of nominees, shining a spotlight on a broad spectrum of individuals and one organization, recognizing their contributions to our industry and their accomplishments from the previous year.
According to Healthcare Design, “CannonDesign has had an incredible year.” Our firm and our health practice have experienced tremendous growth as we’ve expanded our services, brought on new talent and spurred new levels of innovation — all aimed at strengthening our ability to solve the most pressing health and wellness challenges. A few highlights from the past year:
- FKP joined CannonDesign, and out of that merger came the creation of our Whole Child Health design approach. This approach — currently being implemented at several leading pediatric institutions in the U.S. — harnesses design thinking to address eight key areas influencing children’s health outcomes: children’s development, safety, activity, access, socialization, experience, nature and community.
- In addition to prioritizing children’s health, we are using design to address America’s mental healthcare challenges and have established the largest dedicated behavioral health studio in the industry. The studio is currently working on some of the most significant mental health projects in the country, including Sheppard Pratt Health System’s new hospital campus.
- BlueCottage joined CannonDesign. Its group of consultants, strategists and change agents work with healthcare organizational leaders to define their ideal futures and plan processes, organizational strategies, and facilities to make those futures a reality.
- CannonDesign now serves as the lead design firm for ModularDesign+, an alliance of leading-edge design, fabrication, product engineering, construction and development partners from across North America.
- gkkworks joined CannonDesign. Adding a design firm capable of fully integrated design and construction services amplified our existing construction capabilities, enabling us to collaboratively approach health projects as a whole with designers and builders working in partnership with constructors throughout the life of a project.
- Fast Company recognized CannonDesign as one of the Most Innovative Companies in the world for the second time in the last three years. Additionally, Fast Company recognized us as one of just nine World Changing Companies of the year finalists, and our work with VCU Medical Center’s Virginia Treatment Center for Children — one of the largest stand-alone centers dedicated to children’s mental health — earned finalist honors in Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas program.
- In 2018, we became part of Global HOPE (Hematology-Oncology Pediatric Excellence) — an initiative between Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Centers, Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatrics AIDS Initiative at Texas Children’s Hospital (BIPAI), Bristol-Myers Squibb Foundation and CannonDesign — to address the pediatric cancer crisis in sub-Sahara Africa.
We are so incredibly thankful for this recognition — to Healthcare Design and to all the individuals within our practice who made this possible. While the past year will go down in the books as one of our favorite years yet, we’re looking forward to harnessing this energy to make the future even better.
You can read more about this year’s winners online or in the September 2019 issue of Healthcare Design.