Elizabethtown College held a groundbreaking ceremony in early February to mark the construction of its new Bowers Center for Sports, Fitness and Well-being. Scheduled to open in Fall 2019, the Bowers Center will be the largest facility constructed on the campus in two decades.
Once completed, the Bowers Center will include the following key spaces:
- Three recreation courts
- A 180-meter, Mondo surface track
- Fitness, wellness and athletic training areas
- Multiple team locker rooms
- Outdoor community space
- A demonstration kitchen for health and wellness classes
- A “living room’ to fuel student connectivity and collaboration
Penn Live recently published an announcement on the groundbreaking ceremony and the college released a video flythrough of the project (embedded above). Several CannonDesign team members were on hand for the groundbreaking.