Stemming from a panel hosted at CannonDesign’s Chicago office, Metropolis Magazine published a Q&A discussion focused on designing for social equity, and how design can help address inequality and forge connections among diverse communities. We wrote a full recap of the event earlier this year.
The panel was moderated by Susan S. Szenasy, publisher/editor in chief of Metropolis magazine, and featured insights from:
- Timothy Swanson, LEED AP, Chicago office practice leader, CannonDesign
- Alden Loury, director of research and evaluation, Metropolitan Planning Council
- Paula Worthington, Ph.D., senior lecturer at U of Chicago Harris School of Public Policy and former senior research economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
- Edward Uhlir, FAIA, co-chair board member at City Parks Alliance
- Mimi Le Clair, president and CEO, Boys & Girls Club of Chicago
The full transcript of the panel discussion can be found here.