Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) will hold a dedication and ribbon cutting ceremony for their new Penmen Stadium this Saturday, Feb. 24 at 10 a.m. Our team is proud to have designed this important athletic facility that adds much needed space for SNHU athletes to compete and train year round. Key features of the facility include:
- A new competition venue for SNHU’s Division II field hockey, soccer, lacrosse and track teams
- A premier 400 meter track and associated jumping pits that surrounds a synthetic turf field
- A dedicated throwing area for shot put, hammer, discus and javelin, complete with a dedicated viewing platform.
- Six new tennis courts
- A 1,500-seat grandstand and associated amenities for spectators
- Dedicated space for team locker rooms, athletic training, strength training and coaches offices
“We are pleased to officially be opening this first-class complex, which will instantly become one of the top athletic facilities in the region,” said SNHU Director of Athletics Anthony Fallacaro a statement on the university’s website. “While the building has been open for business with our coaches and staff in there for the last months, we are excited to share this state-of-the-art facility with the SNHU community and the rest of the Penmen Nation.”
Following the dedication ceremony, the stadium will open with the SNHU men’s lacrosse team playing its first game ever against Georgian Court University at noon.