We’re thrilled to share Summit Medical Group has officially opened the new Summit Medical Group MD Anderson Cancer Center in Florham Park, NJ. The 130,000 sf outpatient cancer facility brings world-renowned treatment protocols, select clinical trials and cutting-edge research to residents of Northern New Jersey and surrounding region.
“When it comes to fighting cancer, we’re arming our patients with everything we’ve got. Summit Medical Group MD Anderson offers a powerful, integrated partnership that features an extraordinary collective of oncology expertise and innovation that will transform cancer care in our community” Jeffrey Le Benger, M.D., chairman and chief executive officer of Summit Medical Group said at building’s opening.
Summit Medical Group MD Anderson’s new center boasts several notable features, including:
- An imaging department featuring two highly advanced outpatient Interventional Radiology suites for both cancer-related and non-cancer procedures. The facility’s state-of-the-art, diagnostic radiological imaging technology supports comprehensive imaging services.
- A GE SensorySuite to provide an easier mammogram experience and a special procedures suite to empower surgeons to best help patients
- The infusion floor includes 28 suites equipped with heated and reclining loungers for patients receiving chemotherapy treatment and welcomes natural light while encouraging mobility.
- One of the first leading-edge infusion compounding rooms to meet USP 800 requirements that go into effect in 2019.
- A full-service resource center and shop to help patients fully understand their diagnosis, treatment and recovery process and find comfort
The project relied on a remarkably extensive and integrated effort fueled by stakeholders, patient groups, design and construction teams and more. This collaboration ensured maximize project delivery efficiency, future adaptability for the space, and the creation of a one-stop location for cancer care that prioritizes patient treatment, convenience and access.