Extremely deserving of such recognition, Bonike is an outstanding resource to our firm’s Human Resources team and a member of our NEXT Council. She is driven by an incredibly deep passion to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion in the design profession and society. She is relentless in her pursuit of top talent, fostering an inclusive workplace culture, and creating rewarding employee experiences.
During Bonike’s time at CannonDesign, she has left profound marks on the firm, specifically helping our company:
- Found its first ever Diversity, Equity + Inclusion Council
- Initiate the hiring of a our company’s first-ever Director of DEI
- Launch numerous employees resource groups (ERGs) for women, minorities, and LGBTQ+ teammates
- Establish firm wide training program around unconscious bias and other key DEI topics
- Manage firm’s partnership with Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) to facilitate internships and recruitment.
Bonike is someone who never stops pushing the status quo and raising the bar. She takes bold stances and we are thrilled for her accomplishment.