The piece touches on how colleges and universities will take different approaches to student housing, academics, student life and more. Specifically, our Patrick Dempsey shares thoughts on how engineering systems can improve air flow and air quality to reduce risk of virus transmission.
Since the outbreak of COVID-19, our education team has created numerous resources to help education institutions prepare for the unprecedented year ahead, including:
- The creation of Back to Campus and Back to School digital resources full of ideas and recommendations that can guide academic and facility leaders
- The launch of Capacity Dashboards to help any institution understand the best capacity targets for their overall building and specific spaces throughout
- Partnering with ASHRAE to define strategic engineering guidelines and checklists schools can follow to prepare their facilities’ engineering systems for 2020-2021
- Sharing our ideas publicly from national outlets like NPR to regional media including NBC Dallas, NBC Boston the St. Louis Business Journal and more.
- Hosted virtual forums on Back to Campus and Back to School across the country