A Special Archive for Rare Campus Assets and Research
Constructed in 1938, the Friedsam Memorial Library is the focal element of St. Bonaventure University’s original campus quad. During the university’s 150-year history, the school has acquired rare manuscripts relating to Franciscan traditions.
The adjoining Rare Book Wing now houses the special collections of the Franciscan Institute and Friedsam Library, and the circulating collections of the Franciscan Institute. The building’s design reflects the campus’ strong architectural heritage, while providing highly sensitive and conditioned zones, a rare-book storage vault and barrier-free access to all library spaces.