Jocelyn designs environments for remarkable healthcare journeys and all the moments along the way that make them possible. For more than 40 years, she has been one of the industry’s most sought-after voices on healthcare interior design and how it affects and advances health and wellness. In her role leading our Health Interiors Practice, she ensures our healthcare interiors and experience design blends form, function and aesthetic for optimal outcomes.
To ensure a cohesive, comforting interior design, Jocelyn invests in understanding the unique needs of all users—patients, visitors, providers and staff. She is a champion of using Evidence-Based Design to create settings that are not only soothing, but also have the goal of contributing to a patient’s healing and recovery. Jocelyn’s work can be found within community clinics, high-rise inpatient towers and sprawling academic medical campuses.
A few clients and collaborators
- BJC HealthCare
- Children’s Hospital of Orange County
- University of Chicago Medicine
- West Park Healthcare Centre
- Creating a fluid and inclusive patient and clinician experience in ambulatory and acute care settings
- Incorporating biophilic design in healthcare spaces to improve outcomes
- Experience design strategies that create a cohesive and empathic environment
- Being a founding member of the American Academy of Healthcare Interior Designers and serving as President of the Board for three years
- Receiving the HCD10 award for Interior Design
- Being an ASID Designer of Distinction recipient in 2022