Unleash their mission. Unlock their potential.
These brief mantras drive Luke Johnson in his design work and actions each day. He’s a gifted architect with a remarkable knack for achieving design beauty and excellence, yes, but it's how he connects his craft to community impact where he shines even brighter. Luke’s created award-winning and community-transforming work for PK-12 schools, colleges and universities, healthcare organizations and civic entities.
Luke also thrives at sparking positive impact outside his work at CannonDesign. He’s been a board member for the Buffalo Architecture Foundation, served as a chair of the Architecture + Education program and launched an educational outreach program for Buffalo-area Native American youth. His work takes all shapes and trajectories, but it’s all anchored in elevating others.
A few clients and collaborators
- Education institutions of every scale and type
- Mission-driven health systems
- Civic-minded organizations and nonprofits
- All those committed to paying ingenuity forward
- Beautiful architecture that fuels communities to achieve brighter futures
- Synthesizing problems and opportunities into clear design solutions
- Mentoring future designers of every age
- Highly engaged father of two boys
- All things Buffalo. Go Bills. Go UB.
- Connecting children to new ideas and opportunities