To successfully orchestrate a project that uses the least number of resources to solve a problem, a designer not only needs a wildly creative mind, but also a passion for sustainable design. That’s Phil.
As one who believes in the power of maintaining broad knowledge of the education landscape, Phil leads our New York City education practice and is recharged by each opportunity to solve the evolving challenges of learning institutions. By thoughtfully assembling dynamic teams to design projects, he manages the process of delivering the intricate solutions education clients expect. Drawn to the idea of creating physical environments that become part of molding a young person’s holistic development, Phil designs for sustainability that will carry a building through future generations.
A few clients and collaborators
- St. John’s University
- University of Pennsylvania
- Coppin State University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Seeing the big picture
- Being a generalist architect
- Sustainable design
- The success of the NYC education practice team and their work together
- Road cycling and being his own mechanic
- His wife Pat and their three adult children: Luke, Zane and Anne—who all still make him laugh and think