David has more than 35 years of healthcare design experience, building our Southern California healthcare studio into one capable of producing visionary campus master plans, broad-scale renovations and innovative new inpatient facilities. He is especially passionate about the integrated design and construction delivery process, and how unified decision making by the entire team benefits the client and positively impacts project outcomes.
Over the past few years, David has focused his expertise on mental health design and planning, recognizing the lack of access and resources for those in Southern California and beyond. His work ranges from expansive inpatient and transitional housing campuses to outpatient clinics and rehabilitation centers.
A few clients and collaborators
- County of Los Angeles
- County of San Diego
- California Department of Veterans Affairs
- Emanate Health
- Leading design-build teams in an efficient and collaborative process
- The ins and outs of navigating the California Healthcare design and construction system
- Broad and small-scale master planning and medical planning
- Being on the forefront of emerging trends affecting healthcare delivery
- Being a jurist for the Western Region Design-Build Awards for the last 10 years
- Being a member of the AIA Project Delivery Knowledge community