Passionate about supporting health and wellness in interior environments, Margi serves as co-director of CannonDesign’s health interiors practice. Her ideas are fueled by fresh design perspectives and a keen understanding of the trends transforming health environments. Her work is characterized by a strong aesthetic sensibility tempered by a deep understanding of a health provider’s operational and functional concerns.
From public spaces to patient rooms, implementing design solutions to the application of sustainable materials, Margi balances the needs of clients with their aspirations to create spaces that work, inspire and adapt. Her strengths lie in bringing teams together to blend aesthetics with functionality and design environments that improve patient, staff and visitor experiences.
A few clients and collaborators
- Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital
- Kaiser Permanente
- Northwestern Medicine
- Veteran’s Home of California, Yountville
- Creating spaces that support health and well-being
- Bringing empathy and compassion to our design conversations
- Considering the holistic approach of experiential design
- Blending business acumen with design thinking to meet budget and goals
- Making an impact on people’s lives when they are at their most vulnerable through healthcare and senior-living design
- Sharing life with her husband Dan and their four children
- Being a master gardener and creating gardens that are a source of inspiration