Named by Progressive Architecture as one of the world’s top emerging architects in 1990—just three years after graduating from Harvard University’s School of Design—Mehrdad Yazdani’s design ethos is rooted in exploration, tempered with deep appreciation for each client’s real needs, opportunities and challenges. He has a proven record of breakthrough design solutions that span the globe, each of them responsive to context, climate and culture without ever sacrificing ingenuity.
Throughout his career, Mehrdad’s work has garnered more than 120 major design awards and publications in national and international media, including the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Architectural Record, Dezeen, Fast Company, BusinessWeek and more. His work has been exhibited around the world and is held in permanent collections at the MoMA and SFMOMA.
A few clients and collaborators
- Organizations ready for breakthrough
- Those excited to break precedent and raise the bar
- People committed to a brighter, more diverse future
- Prototyping new building typologies
- Inspiring people to step out of their creative comfort zones
- Re-designing what’s possible
- Hiking with his daughter
- Sketching and art
- Unbounded creativity