The best way to keep your sea legs steady is to plan for both the calm and the storm. From K-12 to higher education, institutions inevitably experience cycles of ebb and flow in everything from enrollment to facility management. Patricia’s philosophy is simple—never stop planning.
As the director of our education practice, Patricia harnesses her expertise in design and strategy to help education institutions tackle current challenges and those on the horizon. As an architect who’s devoted her entire career to improving education outcomes, she leads teams in developing solutions that increase student engagement, champion diversity, strengthen partnerships and arm students with the skills needed to become changemakers in high-demand industries.
A few clients and collaborators
- Texas Christian University
- University of Virginia
- Georgetown University
- Seton Hall University
- Institutional resilience through planning
- Holistic learning
- Inclusive design processes
- Supporting the strategic direction of institutions (overall and within colleges and departments)
- Leadership of teams that support a legacy client
- Deep, authentic and sincere relationships
- Collaborating with the people she works with day in and day out at CannonDesign—everyone is amazing and so dedicated
- Growing two amazing kids while building a successful career (in no small part through the support of her husband and mother)