CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Architect based in our Mumbai office.
Look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience, make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
This intermediate-level position will be a member of our multi-disciplinary team and will collaborate with design and technical leadership and be an integral part of project teams.
- Manage the financial and operational performance of projects and partner with the Project Architect and Project Designer to build long-term relationships with clients our most important partners.
- Manage design and production processes in a multi-office collaborative environment including team building, staffing, project organization, communication, and mentoring.
- Align work effort and resources with contract and compensation commitments and proactively address changes, including additional services as required.
- Align team process and deliverables with the delivery method and participate in production of project deliverables as appropriate and/or necessary
- Regularly participate in studio staffing meetings and partner with other project managers to best align staff with project work.
- Oversee accurate compilation and issuance of client invoices.
- Support senior officers in the studio in business development opportunities.
- Lead project teams, in conjunction with Project Principal and Design Principal, to develop project goals and work plans, and achieve objectives.
- Manage and coordinate workload of team and communicate client objectives, provide constructive feedback and mentoring, and identify and share lessons learned with teams
- Be a proactive resource to project teams in their decision-making processes and in the development of technically sound and innovative planning and design solutions.
- Responsible for achieving project profitability within parameters specified by the firm and targeted for each project. Work with project accountants to monitor financial aspects of projects. Ensure proper forecasting, billing, timely collection, and related business practices.
- Assure that technical quality of projects is achieved and enforce application of QA/QC process standards and requirements.
- Ensure appropriate client and internal communication including written project documentation. Play a lead role in key meetings and presentations.
- Develop and maintain positive client relations. Communicate design, construction, and other issues to clients in a clear and compelling way. As necessary, work proactively to obtain approvals for additions to scope of work and influence clients to approve and process payables for our services.
- May handle other responsibilities as needed.
- Cannon Designers are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 10 years of related professional experience.
- Unexpired Architectural Registration in India is required.
- Knowledge of building codes and requirements.
- Must have the ability to be client facing with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong business acumen, technical knowledge, coordination skills and the ability to build a rapport with the project team and client is essential.
- Familiarity with Revit, SketchUp, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by central, state, or local law.