Houston, Texas, United States
Are you a go-getter? Do you enjoy advocating for others? Do you want to know that you made an impact?BIM Team members are the unsung heroes behind the scenes. We are looking for individuals who can multi-task, forge relationships, engage comfortably in team settings and interface effectively across all levels of staff and management. Are you detail oriented? Do you have a natural inclination for technical documentation. Do you exhibit initiative and take pride in your work quality? If so, this is the perfect job for you!
ABOUT OUR FIRM
Blue Cottage of CannonDesign is an industry-leading consulting firm. Our team works with organizational leaders to define their ideal future and plan processes, organizational strategies, and facilities to create an ideal future, and our projects are anchored by any of the following services: strategic transformation, design thinking, space and functional programming, operational planning, change management, transition and activation planning and equipment planning.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The BIM Technician has proficient understanding of how the aspects of A/E, equipment planning, and BIM interact. This person to prepares details and produces BIM/CAD drawings for our team of equipment planners. The ideal candidate for this position is self-motivated, provides mentorship & training, and seeks to identify and resolve challenges through close interaction with other team members. He/she is responsible for the quality of assigned tasks, works in partnership with medical equipment planners to develop accurate and complete drawings and explores areas for innovative project delivery.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Setup Revit project browser.
- Create and manage Revit View Templates and Worksets.
- Manage Visibility Graphics.
- Setup new views and sheets.
- Compile drawings and manage Sheet Indexes.
- Create and manage Revit families and content.
- Create and manage Shared Parameters.
- Copy/Monitor/Manage Grids and Levels.
- Create and/or modify 3D Revit families as needed.
- Maintain BIM coordination across disciplines.
- Produce BIM models and drawings from redlines and/or verbal direction.
- Review drawings with equipment planners and coordinate medical equipment locations and placement in Revit.
- Review medical equipment lists and floor plans for accuracy and work closely with equipment planners to execute updates needed.
- Monitor models for quality and content, throughout the project delivery process and at specific project delivery milestones.
- Review drawings for accuracy and compliance with scope of work, ensuring quality of final drawings.
- Participate in design reviews and make corrections to drawings as requested by equipment planners.
- Mentor BIM team members on equipment planning best practices through all project phases.
- Contribute to the research and development around existing and custom applications that support the project delivery and workflows.
- Function as backup to equipment planning colleagues, as needed.
- Escalate any issues related to medical equipment and ensure they are tracked and addressed.
- Must be comfortable with regular/extensive travel for client work and internal meetings.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate degree in Computer Drafting, Design, Architectural or Engineering Technology, or equivalent required.
- 3+ years’ experience utilizing Autodesk Revit software to produce architectural drawings, is required.
- Working knowledge of A/E project delivery processes, milestones, and deliverables, is a preferred.
- Basic knowledge of hospital/clinic department functions is a plus.
- Experience in the science & education environment, is a plus.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.