Medical Equipment Coordinator
Houston, Texas, United States
Are you a go-getter? Do you enjoy solving complex problems? Do you want to make an impact? Blue Cottage of CannonDesign is conducting a search for a Medical Equipment Coordinator based out of Houston, TX. We are looking for stellar performers who want to be champions, partners, and leaders within Blue Cottage of CannonDesign’s team.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
Blue Cottage of CannonDesign is an industry-leading consulting firm. Our team works with organizational leaders to define their ideal future and plan processes, organizational strategies, equipment and facilities to create an ideal future, and our projects are anchored by any of the following services: strategic transformation, design thinking, space and functional programming, operational planning, equipment planning, change management, and transition and activation planning.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Medical Equipment Planners are a central source of information for the project design team, construction team and client and procurement team – they are the heroes behind the scenes. We are looking for individuals who love creative problem-solving and gain insight into functional operational challenges using critical thinking skills coupled with compassionate listening. We need someone who understands both the content and the context of medical equipment within specific clinical environments. We want people who can multi-task, forge relationships, engage comfortably in team settings and interface effectively across all levels of staff and management, and across multi-disciplinary service lines. Do you look at a problem and immediately think about how to provide solutions? Do you have a natural inclination for process improvement? Do you take pride in providing solutions that no-one else has considered? If so, this is the perfect job for you!
The Medical Equipment Coordinator role supports various responsibilities associated with the equipment planning and coordination process for healthcare and science & education projects and ensures all planning activities are performed with complete data and documented accuracy. This position successfully develops and delivers the medical equipment documents for capital projects.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Maintain an appropriate level of communication, and cultivate lasting, professional project team relationships
- Actively participate in design team coordination and user group meetings during all phases of the project, document meeting minutes or distribution
- Ensure all planning and coordination activities are performed in a manner consistent with documented user requests and leadership direction
- Work with BIM team to coordinate the development of equipment placement drawings in Revit
- Review project drawings and coordinate medical equipment locations and placement in Revit
- Review medical equipment lists and floor plans for accuracy
- Populate the equipment database with detailed project/equipment information
- Manage, maintain, and update the input of medical equipment into the equipment database based on end-user, clinician, physician, and department feedback
- Maintain and update master equipment keynote schedule information
- Develop and maintain active open items list with follow-ups and resolutions as required
- Escalate any issues related to medical equipment and ensure they are tracked and addressed
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have an Associates Degree in Architectural Drafting, Architectural Design Technology, or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Construction Science, Environmental Design or equivalent is preferred
- Experience with equipment planning in the healthcare environment preferred; experience in the science & education environment is a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365, Adobe Acrobat/Bluebeam is preferred
- Proficient knowledge of CAD/Revit is required. Working knowledge of Attania or comparable planning software system is preferred
- Basic knowledge of hospital/clinic department functions is a plus
- Must be comfortable with regular/extensive travel for client work and internal meetings
- As a Federal Contractor, CannonDesign is required to comply with President Biden's Executive Order 14042. Therefore, as a condition of employment, all employees must provide proof of receipt of a full COVID-19 vaccination unless qualified for a valid medical or religious accommodation.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are a start-up culture in an established firm: nimble, energetic, innovative and fun
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you