Being a designer is like being a river-rafting guide—the guide knows the river’s course, but every run is a different experience. As an architect, Craig’s goal is to get everyone in the raft and successfully down the river. He has become one of CannonDesign’s high-performing “guides” over the past 25 years.
Drawn by the opportunity to marry his love for creative aesthetic and technical design, Craig curates spaces that help students not only succeed academically but also develop into good citizens. With experience that stretches across various campus typologies, he knows that each client is different, each project is different and each challenge is complex—but his fervor to deliver impact for clients never subsides.
A few clients and collaborators
- California State University, Northridge
- San Diego State University
- Santa Monica College
- Loma Linda University
- Building planning
- Consensus building
- Creative solutions for enhancing student life
- Father to two children, one with special needs
- The entrepreneurial impact of the Lassonde Studios project
- Campus placemaking impact of the San Diego State student union
- Helping staff grow