For nearly 40 years, Diane has helped the nation’s top healthcare institutions give life and form to their missions. As CannonDesign’s pediatric health practice leader, she guides the creation of impactful care environments that serve children physically, mentally, emotionally and socially. She helps clients masterfully integrate the myriad dimensions that holistically address child and population health — from healthcare and education to research, recreation, nutrition and more.
Because of her deep expertise and unwavering passion, she is a frequent lecturer at healthcare business and design forums. Her empathic, award-winning work for children’s hospitals and women’s health facilities is often benchmarked among the world’s best patient care environments. Diane is a Fellow of the American Institute of Architects and was a founding member of the American College of Healthcare Architects.
A few clients and collaborators
- Boston Children’s Hospital
- Texas Children’s Hospital
- Children's Hospital of Orange County
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Approaching pediatric design with a Whole Child, Every Child lens
- Leading large, complex teams through the design process
- Guiding executive boards and foundations to find the highest and best use of their resources
- Celebrating children, families and caregivers through world-class pediatric design
- Leading one of the most innovative pediatric health practices in the world
- Advocating for diversity and inclusiveness in architecture
- Painting and spending quality time with her family, in nature and in Santa Fe